6.14.2012

second memo

i'm pretty sure the skies never got the june memo... that it's june. not september. (not yet).
so i'm here to place a little reminder that it is infact almost summer... and i'm spreading a little summer, and sunshine your way..

Source: etsy.com via Rebecca on Pinterest

i have been drooling over emma's shop for quite some time. and she's a local gal to boot! lately? it's the yellows. i'm sure you would agree. i'm also not afraid to admit i've been coveting sock yarns as of late. it's true.

Source: etsy.com via Rebecca on Pinterest

i can't help it. i love love these colours... i've clearly been born in the wrong decade. ha. these come from fantabulosa vintage on etsy. some very cool finds there.

Source: etsy.com via Rebecca on Pinterest


in my opinion, nothing says summer like some funky leather jewelry. i don't know why i put those two together, but i do. and i probably always will. i have adored kiss2keep's etsy shop for freakin' ever. i have yet to own something from the shop yet, but one day i will. this particular bracelet is the starry night. it can be for either men or women, and doubles as a necklace. i loooooove... le sigh. 


so because we're having another cold and windy day... in june...i will dream of the cottage...and of our tent trailer.. (as i believe it's already missing us)... curl up with my little... make popcorn, and knit away. clearly it's a very good thing i knit... i know i will be warm this summer. ;)

anyone else missing the summer weather? how are you trying to convince yourself that it's actually june? let's trick the weatherman... let's get summer here. ok?xo

8 comments:

  1. I love those colours, too! So warm and cheery. We have sun today - I hope it lasts. I'm considering putting the flannels sheets back on my bed. Freezing at night! Hope some sun breaks through your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oohh flannel sheets would be nice. i should get some. xo

      Delete
  2. I too have often thought I was born in the wrong decade. My dear in-laws have a neighbor who is trying to convince his wife to get rid of her parents stuff they have in storage units and I am praying along with him because my father-in-law said that they have a sofa, still in plastic, that is the 70s era orange/cream flower sofa...I want it so bad! My father-in-law is so sweet and reminds them that if they ever want to get rid of it I would gladly take it off of their hands. Maybe someday :)

    As for the weather. I'm much too practical to complain about the rain, we had a really dry winter so while a little sun would be nice I am much too concerned about the water table. We really need the rain, I would hate to wish for sun and then see people driven from their homes due to forest fires. See, told you I'm too practical.

    That yarn is to die for! I'm trying to figure out if I can make a sweater out of all the sock yarn I have. Most are in the same color family, but I have a few skeins that are way out in left field...we'll see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oohh very curious to see what you will knit! oh i don't complain about the rain. it's just so unusually cool for june that's all. i kinda like the rain :) and if you ever get your hands on that sofa.. you'd better take a pic of it and name it after me :) xo

      Delete
    2. I would totally name it after you just to see the reaction to people when I would say causally "Oh I see you're sitting on Becca." I'll have to practice the line though cause right now I'm laughing so hard that I can barely type.

      I'm thinking I'll go with the Umbrellas pattern but stripe it for the body and perhaps make the sleeves long...still debating. I have more than enough if I do that.

      Delete
    3. bahahahah ... yes that would be hilarious! ha. oh the umbrellas pattern is lovely!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm a 70's child and it shows, I love love love anything yellow and orange, I pinned some very similar cups just he other day!! ... that granny square blanket is divine ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was born near the end of the 70's.. i wish i were old enough to remember it well.. but i'm so glad to hear there are others of the same great taste! honestly, those colours just make me feel so cozy. love them :) xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...