1.12.2016

sample knitting!

I finished a sample knit a little while ago..  I loved knitting it so much, I think I will make another, for me.

This is Quicksilver by Melanie Berg.
I knit this sample for Mudpunch Yarns. Chantel chose the colours, and I have to say (though it's probably very obvious), her colour choices are just perfect!


The pattern is very straightforward. Very easy to put down and pick up. I love that even though it's basic knitting, the results are rather stunning!
Here's the "knitty gritty"
Pattern: Quicksilver by Melanie Berg
needle: US5 / 3.75mm fixed signature circular needles
Yarn: Mudpunch Vibrant Fingering in (A) shadow (B) newsprint & (C) life aquatic

It's a massive shawl, using over 800yds. But I would't have it any other way, the drape is amazing! This is much to do with the yarn too...


So let's talk about the yarn. This is knit with mudpunch vibrant fingering. Guys, it's such NICE yarn! It's a mix of 70% merino wool, 20% cashmere goat, and 10% nylon. The cashmere with the merino makes the yarn feel so incredibly smooth! Knitting with it was heaven! It gives incredible drape, and blocks really nicely.

The colours didn't bleed a bit. Chantel makes absolutely sure that her colour sticks, and I had nothing to worry about even with these contrasts.

*for more photos of this sample, & exact yarn usages, check out my ravelry page. *

If you've never knit with mudpunch yarns, I highly suggest you do! You won't be disappointed! Be sure to check our her self-striping yarns too!

Check out her website for all info mudpunch. Her Instagram is always brimming with yarn photos too.



As for the Quicksilver pattern? Knit it. Just do it. It's so lovely, and stunning! I have a feeling that I'll be knitting a lot of Melanie Berg's patterns. xo

2 comments:

  1. You did a fabulous job on the shawl and I couldn't be happier with it. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you chantel! I absolutely adore your yarns! xo

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...